Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Since the day our world changed forever...

Yesterday marked one week since the "file" arrived in our inboxes. It has gone by in a blur. Easter Sunday was this past Sunday and I sat in church holding her pictures. My heart swelled with an unbelievable gratitude to God for finally bringing us our daughter. We have a daughter. I can't stop saying it. I'm finally a mom. Wow.

We had the boys on Thursday night so we were able to share the news with them. I think they were shocked too. Kaden was only 5 when we started this journey (he's 10 now!). He said that he needed to practice being a big brother and a middle brother. :) Cute! Nick said he was beginning to believe he'd be 17 or 18 before she arrived home.

We travel in 9-12 weeks! We'll have her home for summer, my total fantasy. She'll be with us on our family vacation in August! How many times have I daydreamed about her being there with us? Probably a million.

Two months -- I can't stop staring at the calendar and at her pictures. I went into her room last night and just sat, picturing her there (picturing furniture there...ha).

It is a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment