Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The orphanage










We can't say enough good things about Eliza's orphanage and the nannies there. They are amazing and so clearly in love with all the children. When we visited Eliza was like a rock star, surrounded be nannies saying "Baoer! Baoer!" (her Chinese name). Her main nanny cried when we left. We joked with our guide later that it's because Eliza was so much work she was relieved to see her go. Ha! Here are some photos from the visit to the orphanage. By far my favorite is of Eliza looking into the baby play room where she used to spend so much time.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That last pic of the little girl with bandages on her feet.....SO CUTE! Can you go back and snag her for me!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a boy. :) I have lots of pictures of him. I belong to this yahoo user group of people with children from Nanjing and this woman was talking about her son there to the group and how she wouldn't be traveling to get him until December. I told her we were on our way to get our daughter and I'd see if I could see him. And indeed they let me! It was awesome, he's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the info and pictures, keep it comin! :) So excited for you all! I'm loving Eliza's personality already!!!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys! It is nice to see all of the smiles. You are all so lucky! It seems like she was yours her whole life. I love seeing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your baby!! You were at the orphanage five days before we adopted our son - and he is in 3 of the photos above :) I got so excited, I almost cried!

    ReplyDelete