Tuesday, November 27, 2012

13.5 hours left!

It's 2:42 p.m. and I have miles to go before I sleep. But who am I kidding? There will be no sleep tonight! Our shuttle picks us up at 4 a.m. so there is no way I'm going to get any sleep, even if I do get to bed early enough. I'll be too worried that my alarm won't go off!

It is hard to believe that in six days we will finally be united with our daughter. I am so hopeful that it will be a joyous meeting for all of us. But I'm fearful that RoRo will be scared or sad that she has been taken away from her foster parents. This poor child, she has loved and lost too many times in her short four years.

Like Eliza, she has had three mamas before me. What must these kids be thinking when they are handed to strangers and told to call them mama and daddy? We can only hope that the orphanage, and the foster family after that, has been talking to her about us daily for the last nine months.

Nine months! I'm about to give birth to a four year old! :)

I will try to post from China but I didn't have much luck last time.

Best finish the remaining items on my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment