Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We know our Gotcha Day!

We received our travel approval at the end of last week (it came in less than a week!) so we took the weekend to talk about when we'd want to try to leave. On Monday I emailed our case manager Kelsey (the world's BEST case manager) to discuss options but she was off for the Veterans Day holiday (but being the world's best case manager she was emailing me anyway). The next day I had to take off of work to go to Chicago to get Eliza her passport. Around 3 p.m. I called Walter and asked him to email Kelsey just to let her know that December 3rd was our preference for Gotcha Day but if that wouldn't work out that the 10th would be our second option.

She had told me earlier that it typically takes 3-4 days to hear back about making the consulate appointment which is the first step in figuring out Gotcha Day.

So the last thing I expected when I opened email this morning was to see a note from her confirming the consulate appointment AND our Gotcha Day already!

We will be united with our sweet girl on Monday, December 3rd! Words cannot describe the excitement knowing how very close we are. Even though we've been through this once before, the joy and excitement is exactly the same.

Baby girl, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment