Monday, June 15, 2009

11:11



I can't remember now exactly when it happened but my guess is that it was not long after the paperwork was complete. We were sitting in front of the television one night and I was day-dreaming about our future daughter. And I'll be honest, I was thinking how wonderful it would be if we got twins (greedy, I know!). Just then something came on the television about China and hearing "China" snapped me out of my daydream and caused me to look towards the TV. At that very moment when I thought about my daughter, wished for twins, heard "China" and glanced towards the TV the digital clock changed to 11:11. The digital symbol that prompts some people to make a wish when they see it and perfect.. twin... numbers. 

Since then, I seem to catch the clock at that moment often, even though I have since stopped thinking "twins" and started simply thinking "child". At the moment it happened I was convinced that we would be getting twins. But now I just focus on my child and I'm convinced that that magical grouping of numbers is simply a nice way that God reminds me of how blessed I am. So when I glance at the time, and find it to be 11:11 I can't help but stop whatever I'm doing and smile, reflect, daydream and pray for that daughter of mine out there somewhere. 

And maybe her sibling too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment