Monday, June 22, 2009

The nursery




Planning the nursery has given me the greatest joy in recent months. A few weeks ago I spent a vacation day at my favorite fabric store with my favorite fabric sales lady. We had so much fun looking through all the books and matching florals with stripes and polka dots with gingham.  I so appreciated her help and finds (thanks, Denise!). 

The nursery will be in the brightest room in the house, a fairly small bedroom next to ours. Recently Walt and the boys helped me paint it. I knew I wanted GG's room to be yellow because I grew up in a yellow bedroom and it is still my favorite color. My childhood room was the brightest in our family's house and it was a happy room to grow up in.

 I'm a bit of a closet interior decorator and being a graphic designer (in real life) means I'm pretty visual so I always start a room with a graphic interpretation of it as shown in the next posts.
I imagine spending a lot of time in GG's room as we wait for her to come home to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment