Monday, July 11, 2011

Disappointing news about our travel approval



We were expecting to receive our travel approval somewhere between June 9-23rd. As the 23rd approached we were getting anxious. And then the 23rd came and went. I tried to control myself and not write and bug my agency about it but that lasted two days. They said that they weren't worried since it was only a couple of days outside of the window but that they would contact their liaison at the CCAA. Soon after they said the liaison said the paperwork had all arrived but she would check to be sure it was in order. Our agency suggested we hold tight as there didn't seem to be any problems. When we didn't hear anything back about problems with the paperwork we assumed that it would come any day.

Fast forward another 2 weeks. We have now been waiting a total of 8 weeks for our TA! Last Wednesday I contacted our agency again and again they said they'd contact their liaison. On Friday I made the image shown here of the DHL trucks and Eliza as my screensaver, trying to will the TA to arrive. I posted the fortune cookie image also shown here, on my Facebook page, trying to will the TA to come. Then I received a call from our agency. They had reached the liaison and it turns out that the procedure that our agency followed for sending paperwork for finalizing the match, had been changed by the CCAA but they'd never been notified. So the CCAA had all the correct paperwork but since it didn't arrive as their new process dictated, they simply sat on it.

What does this mean? It means that we should be in China RIGHT NOW but instead are delayed by another 5 weeks (if not more). I couldn't help crying as the agency delivered this latest news. Five more weeks! Five more weeks for that baby to sit in an institution. Five more weeks of development and growth and milestones we will miss seeing. Five more weeks of an empty crib in the nursery. I realize that in the scheme of things five weeks is not the end of the world but it is devastating none-the-less. We are so close!

Hang on baby girl, we'll be there as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment