Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our travel approval is here!


I got a call from our agency a little after 2:00. Our travel approval arrived! I ran around the office showing everyone the document ... I was high! Our agency will plan to work with the US Consulate in China to get our appointment for August 22 meaning we can plan to leave by August 10th!! We were told earlier (sometime around the time of the referral) that after 3 days in Beijing we'd get to Eliza's province on a Saturday or Sunday and get her either that Sunday or Monday. That means our "gotcha day!" will be either August 14 or 15th. Wow. We are so crazy happy! Walt and I opened a bottle of champagne when we met at home after work. We can't stop smiling.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I am just reading through your blog to see that you had to wait 8 weeks for your TA!! We got a referral on 6/30 and got our TA yesterday. We got our consulate date for 8/22 so perhaps our paths will cross in Guangzhou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, if you are able to check the blog we will indeed be in Guangzhou on the 22nd. We head there this Friday! I'll ask around for you. We are staying at the White Swan.

    ReplyDelete