Thursday, July 21, 2011

What Ethan has to say

My nephew Ethan was over last night and wanted to see Eliza's room. Ethan is 10 years old and we call him "E". I said to him at one point, "Ethan, we're going to have another "E" in the family!" and he grinned. He also said that he would be Eliza's favorite cousin because he always wanted a little sister and he'd play with her a lot (and make her dolls fall off of a pretend cliff, etc....great). Later he asked what kind of nickname she would have "What can I cal her?" ..."Maybe 'Little E'?" His mom and I thought that was pretty cute. :) Ethan is very proud of the fact that he helped pick out the new drawer pulls for Eliza's dresser. He likes to show them off to people and say how he picked them out in part because he felt they fit nicely between the fingers as you pulled the drawer open.

He's a punk and we love him! He'll be a good cousin!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be on your blog so I could read about your days in China. I am the mom of 4 chinese adoptees and 2 bio boys! This reminds me of our exciting/amazing trips to receive our 3,4,5, and 6th children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to tell Ethan that Liam is already planning on being Eliza's favorite cousin. But 'm sure he's willing to share the title! :-)

    ReplyDelete