Sunday, July 10, 2011

New photos of Eliza!








In May I posted about sending Eliza a care package. That was on a Sunday night. The following Friday we were wrapping up the evening and I decided to check email one more time before bed. It was about 10 p.m. and low-and-behold, there in my inbox were photos from Ann at Red Thread China! My reaction was ridiculous! I was so excited (having had a few glasses of wine earlier made my reaction all the more animated). I screamed at Walter to come and look and together we viewed photos of our daughter, taken in the days before, enjoying the cake we sent to her and the other children at the orphanage. I couldn't believe it. She had so much hair and was still so perfectly chubby and sweet. She was wearing one of the outfits from the care package. Baby girl, there YOU ARE!!

We were also thrilled to see how clean and bright the orphanage seemed to be and that the caretakers had logos on their shirts from the "Half the Sky Foundation", a wonderful organization that provides nurture and developmental care for children in orphanages. This is a great sign.

1 comment:

  1. ok. i know you are busy getting your daughter!! but when you get a chance, can you email and let me know how you were able to get a cake to your daughter? we are hoping getting our daughter in September (more likely october ugh...) and we have sent her a care package. but she just had her first bday and it would be so great to send her a cake. how did you do this?? good luck getting your sweet daughter...eliza is precious!!
    blessings,
    leah nelson oh email address is peapodlmn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete